Friday, June 8, 2012

Homemade Face Wash


I'm really into eating all natural. In fact, I think it would be super cool to have my own farm someday. Last summer, my friend from Canada was talking about this sort of thing. She mentioned certain lotions that absorb into your skin to clear your wrinkles. What other products do we put on our skin and are absorbing with little to no thought of what they are doing to us? What she had to say made me wonder. If i cared so much about what I was feeding my body, I felt I should care at least a little about what I was putting on it. After all, it's almost the same thing, isn't? So I've browsed the internet for homemade, natural remedies for skin care. Here is a concoction of my own that I'm sure is similar to some other recipes you've seen. You will go through little to no effort to achieve this face wash, though I'm hoping it would be worth it otherwise. Typically the four simple ingredients are already in your fridge or on your grocery list! This particular face wash is good for those who are acne prone, it isn't oily but it won't leave your skin feeling dry or irritated either. I do suggest you moisturize after rinsing if you already are doing so. For those I know who have already tried the stuff, they noticed their faces had a more natural glow and it even left their skin feeling tighter and smoother. Remember to keep refrigerated!
A tip: make only little amounts at a time, enough you think you will use before the expiration date.






What you will need is a small jar with lid (at least a cup)


CREATING...
INGREDIENTS
~1 drop of vanilla
~1 cup of plain, all natural yogurt
~1 teaspoon of  all natural honey
~1/2 cup of rolled oats

Grind oats in coffee grinder or food processor until very fine 

spoon yogurt into jar and mix in ground oats, honey and vanilla 

For gifts I suggest adding each ingredient into the jar as layers as seen in the little image above and tie pretty ribbon around the lid. 

USING...

FOR FACE WASH~apply to wet skin. Massage face as you rinse well.

FOR FACE MASK~wet face and rub on mixture. Leave on for five minutes or less then rinse.

No comments:

Post a Comment